piątek, sierpnia 17, 2012

"Real Marriage" Mark and Grace Driscoll

This is an easy book to read if you intend to change nothing about your marriage.

However, if you intend to work on it, give it a (second? n-th?) shot, fall in love with your spouse again, rekindle the flame, cope with the "empty nest" or get ready to be a spouse one-day, "Real Marriage" will bend you, stretch you, challenge you and leave you with multi-colored pens in hand to underline passages to work on later on with your spouse.

And this is exactly what I did :).

Pastor Mark and his wife Grace give a thorough practical overview, with no holds barred, believe me, of what the intended roles of husbands and wives are in light of the Bible. To this end they have poured in countless hours of their own struggles becoming a better partner, their journey (individual and as a couple) through what the Scrpitures say as well as countless hours of biblical councelling spent with people seeking help. The book is very real, much alike an extended interview on matters we all feel we have a good grasp on.

I liked most of the book, if I were to say where I would not necessarily go into as much detail were I the authors, I would probably cut down on the technicalities of the sexual sphere (though I understand it might just be a thing some people need most answers in).

On the whole, it is more than solid. And most of all, it makes you WANT to not only aspire to but also bring about the change in the spouse YOU ARE. I highly recommend reading and discussing large parts of "Real Marriage" with your husband/wife. And acting on it!

Etykiety: